Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Door #1 - Art Teacher



If you've been following me for a while, you know that my all time favorite school event is Teacher Appreciation Week.  I love, love, love our teachers and faculty at our school!  And I love, love, love decorating their doors for them.  Since I am also the Teacher Appreciation Door Coordinator, I get first dibs on the doors.  Some people call me crazy, but I usually take several.  This year our Teacher Appreciation Week theme is "Our Teachers are the BEST in the World!"  Each day this week I will post a different door I made.  So much fun!

Let's start with the art teacher's door.  I was inspired by her actual room.  You can't really see it, but her room is pained blue with clouds all over.  Rumor is she might not be the art teacher next year.  I've never done her door before, so I thought I'd better jumped on the chance.

I printed out Dudley the Artist, then used my projector to enlarge him.  Each color is traced on a different layer.  Remember Paperkin dolls?  It's like that, except super sized.  If you look close on the word PART, the ART is shadowed in blue.  The cloud is from Google, then enlarged.  They worked out perfect so Dudley wasn't just floating on the blue paper.

I think she's going to like it!

Supplies:
Doodle Dragon Studios image - Dudley the Dragon freebie
Doodle Dragon Studios image - world (Earth Day set)
Don Juan Cricut cartridge 
Butcher paper

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you come up with each year! FABULOUS as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! Dustin's images make decorating doors soooo much cuter and easier. :)

    ReplyDelete