Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Scrapbook Expo was so much fun!

Disclaimer: I love the Scrapbook Expo USA. Grab a drink and a snack...it's a long one.

There's only a few things I faithfully put my calendar...birthdays, holidays, school start and end dates...and the Scrapbook Expo USA! It's true. I have always loved going to the expo. It's just been the last couple of years that I've worked at it too. I say, if you're going to work, be sure it's something you enjoy. I definitely enjoy the Scrapbook Expo!

My favorite job at the expo is the VIP Lounge host. The VIP people (I'd say ladies, but few men join in too) pay at little extra to have their own limited seating, reserved area complete with tables, electrical outlets, free smoothies, treats and a special merchandise goodie bag. Basically my job is like hosting a big scrapbooking party for 60+ and I don't have to plan anything...just show up and be a hostess! Sooooo fun! There are some regular VIPs that come every expo. I love catching up on what they've been up to in the last 6 months and meeting all the other new VIPs.

Speaking of VIP's, look at the VIP I ran into...it's Dustin Pike! Our very own Doodle Dragon Studios Master. He's sporting the cool Doodle Dragon Studio shirt he posted on his blog. (Sorry, my phone didn't like the horrible lighting) Okay, so Dustin wasn't in the VIP Lounge, he stopped by. But he was at the expo Friday night hosting part of the Young Scrappers Club. I heard he did an amazing job. Not like I'm surprised, I knew he would. Then he was back again bright and early Saturday morning to give out free CDs loaded with Doodle Dragon Studios images to the first 50 people in line. LUCKY ladies!



Provo Craft's booth was directly in front of the VIP Lounge. It was fun to see some of my friends from when I worked at PC as Admin Kerri. I like watching the demos of the new PC products from my post. Dan showed me how Cricut Craft Room works. Being a Mac user, I'm pretty excited about this new software! And it's free!

My friend has a tradition of taking pictures of her shopping spree at the expo. In the past, I would have never admitted to how much I purchased. Usually I go a little coo coo crazy and buy everything (with multiples), but this year I was focused due to reading David Bach money management books. I already have enough scrapbook supplies I could start my own store, no joke. So I only bought what I have an idea to use immediately AND only in my style. Here are my treasures this time:



I only spent $45. Miracle! I found some great deals. The hair flowers were $1 each, WeRMemory Keepers pages $.75 each, Doodlebug Designs paper pack (25 sheets) $2 per pack, Imaginisce paper packs & stamps (25 sheets paper + 6 stamps) $1 per pack, DCWV cards & envelopes (72 set) $5, necklace and bracelet $5 each.

The one thing I almost caved in and purchased was this beautiful crafting desk. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The original price was $599, but it was the Deal of the Day for $399. Curse David Bach. In the past, I would have not thought twice about taking it home. Instead, I was tortured by David Bach lessons running through my head all day. Ahhh! It is my turn to buy something fun (my DH just bought new golf clubs). But I stayed strong...well, for now.



I worked, I played, I shopped, I took Photoshop classes from the The Digital Scrapbook Teacher (Patty is great), saw old friends, made new friends...once again, it was a great weekend at the Scrapbook Expo USA! Can't wait until September!

If you're in the Provo, Utah area on April 14-16, DCWV is having their warehouse sale. While you're calendaring, the next Scrapbook Expo USA in Sandy, Utah is September 9-10.

1 comment:

  1. I love Scrapbook supplies and I love David Bach books too. I can see your following the Latte Factor, ha ha. It was a fun weekend. I kept my purchases limited to supplies for my new Cuttlebug machine. Looking forward to September too!!

    ReplyDelete