Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 11 of 14 Days of Valentines - Save Your Kisses!



Day 11...only 3 days until Valentine's Day. Wow! This month is flying. I thought for Day 11 I would combine two challenges to make the perfect card. My fellow and very talented Doodle Dragon Studios DT member
Ted - Happily Ever Crafter is having a Valentine's Challenge (it's still going so join in!). The twist to his challenge is your sentiment must be done in your own handwriting.

Hmm...easy peasy. I can totally do this challenge...easily. Yeah, that was until I rewrote the sentiment 20 times! Not kidding. It's crazy when the paper is cut and embossed the pressure that messes with your mind! I finally just had to pick the best or I still be writing! Silly. I knew I wanted to use this kissing princess image and sentiment, but I couldn't post it until Dustin Pike released the collection. If you haven't seen his Ever After set, you need to check it out!

While I was waiting for the big Ever After release, I wandered over to
The Cuttlebug Spot where this week's challenge is to create a step card. Ta-dah! See the clouds part and the sun come shining down. Pure inspiration...mix the two challenges together and a card is created...

"You may need to date alot of frogs before you find your Prince Charming, just don't kiss them ALL!"


Supplies:
Doodle Dragon Studios image - Ever After set
Paper Adventures - Carolyn Holt - Primavera Hearts Squared
Indie Art Cricut cartridge - phrase
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Welcome Baby set
Spellbinders Nestibilities - Classic Oval set
Spellbinders Nestibilities - Crown Oval set
Pebbles in My Pocket - Glitter candy dots
Bo Bunny ribbon
Glossy Accents (eyes & lips)
American Crafts cardstock

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful step-card! Your handwriting is beautiful. I need to learn how to make a step-card and I'm so glad you played along with my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete