Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to...



Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday DUSTIN
Happy birthday to you!

In honor of our fabulous leader, Dustin Pike, the Doodle Dragon Studios Design Team decided to dedicate the our first challenge of the year to his greatness. It's his birthday on Wednesday! What better way to say "Happy birthday!" than to design a card with an image he created. If you love DDS like I do and want to wish Dustin a happy birthday, join the birthday party and make a card for him! Be sure to link your card on the challenge and leave some extra birthday wishes with a comment on the post. Here's the Birthday Party link.

I have been a Dustin Pike fan for years and years and years. I love the images he draws. They always make me smile and my day a little brighter. That's why it's so great be on his Design Team! I totally enjoy creating fun projects with his happy critters.

If you know Dustin, you know he LOVES Disneyland. He would live there if they would let him! In fact, that's where I first met Dustin, even though we only live an hour from each other. Rumor is that Ollie the Monkey is also one of his favorite Doodle Dragon Crew characters. So I knew for his birthday challenge I had to create a card with Disneyland and Ollie. Since it's Dustin's birthday he must wear a Happy Birthday button (if you've never been to Disneyland on your birthday, I highly suggest it!). And since Dustin trades Disney pins, Ollie had to have a trading pin lanyard too. Even though Dustin isn't in Disneyland THIS year for his birthday, I'm wishing him the Happiest Birthday ever! And I'm hoping he really IS turning 39...

I stand corrected... Dustin WAS in Disneyland for his birthday. His wife surprised him with a birthday trip to Disneyland. Lucky!


Supplies:
Doodle Dragon Studios image - 8/10/11 Freebie
Mickey & Friends Cricut cartridge - gloves & glove border
Mickey Font Cricut cartidge - ballons & hat
Doodle Bug Designs - Happy birthday sticker
Creative Imaginations paper - Mickey stars
Creative Imaginations paper - Mickey stripes
Marvy mini star punch
Black Bakers Twine
American Crafts cardstock
Pop dots


3 comments:

  1. Great job Kerri, love the Mickey additions, so apt for our Disney mad leader!!
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Kerri, I'm sure Dustin will love it! Let's hope he really is 39!!! LOL
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT card for a PERFECT boss :0)
    HUGS
    Ri

    ReplyDelete