Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's Never Too Late to Party!



Remember last week on Doodle Dragon Studios we had a challenge to "Bling It Up" a project. Well, I didn't get it done in time. In my mind, I saw (I can still see!) this perfect piece of Mardi Gras paper that I know I have. Apparently, I've put it in a "special" spot because I have search high and low for it! I kept thinking I was going to find somewhere in my collection. Nope. I couldn't finish the project without it. I was disappointed because I love this blinged up Mardi Gras dragon. Sadly, I set him aside.

This morning, I was cruising around the my usual favorite website stops. Party Time Tuesday is having a bling it up - anyway you want challenge! Yeah! My dragon was suddenly reawakened! I didn't find the original piece of paper I was looking for, but I decided this purple piece would work just fine. See... it's never too late to party! You can't get much more bling than a collection of Mardi Gras necklaces, rhinestones, and shiny Hershey Kisses. How you get your necklaces - is your choice. I, personally, just purchased mine from the store. Hee hee.

I must say I've only been to New Orleans once . I was pregnant at the time, with wild morning sickness (that lasted all day - all 9 months). The smells and flavors of the city put me waaaaaay over the top. I'm not sure if New Orleans was really given a fair shake. Maybe after I've checked off all the other places I want to travel, I'll circle back to it again.

Oh look, more chocolate! Does someone want to come help me eat all this?

Supplies:
Doodle Dragon Studios image - 20 Halloween 2011 Set
Close to My Heart patterned paper
American Crafts gold foil cardstock
DCWV - Glitter Cardstock Stack (background paper)
Kaiser rhinestones
Party beads - Dollar Store
Green recipe box - Michael's
Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses

4 comments:

  1. This is great!!! Our Family Math night is Math Mardi Gras...this would be a great table decoration for that! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be down on Thursday to help you eat the chocolate on my way to St George...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cari - in the 20 Halloween 2011 set there are a few different character that would work too.

    @Dustin - how about I bring them for the road trip? Not enough room? I'll ride on the roof! I'm done with the cold & snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy BLING!! Wow, does this ever pop! The bold color scheme is great! Very cute! Hope we see you again soon at Party Time Tuesdays.
    Renee
    PTT DT

    ReplyDelete