Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Release...Happy Mother's Day!



Cookies and grandmas just go together. Don't you agree? When I saw this image, I knew I had to make something with it. Then when I saw Dustin Pike had colored her in a purple dress, it made my heart melt and brought a smile to my face with a flood of memories. My great grandma wore lots of purple, always had cookies, loved flowers, loved me, and made beautiful doilies. I combined them all together to make this card.

Obviously, I dedicate this card to my grandma. She always had cookies in her cookie jar. They were usually oatmeal raisin cookies. I was young and not a big fan of them. But I ate them anyway. Hello? They were cookies. Now oatmeal raisin cookies are my all time favorite. My grandma's birthday would have been tomorrow. To celebrate her inspiring life, here's a card for her with some oatmeal raisin cookies and a glass of iced milk. Love you Grandma! Hope they have cookies in heaven!

Now it's your turn to make something for the special woman in your life. Be sure to add this new Mother's Day digi set to your collection. You can find it at Dustin Pike's Doodle Dragon Studios store.




Supplies:
Doodle Dragon Studios image - Mother's Day set
Martha Stewart doily lace edge punch
EK Success Retro Daisy punch - large & medium
Favorite Findings buttons - pastel daisy
Don Juan Cricut cartridge
Spellbinder Nestibilities - oval
DCWV paper - The Glitter Stack
American Crafts cardstock
Pop dots

2 comments:

  1. What sweet memories.
    And what a GREAT card! I love the doily mat, never tried that technique with those straight borders but I am inspired now. Thanks!
    Enjoy your cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I wanted to thank you for your comment of my blog it meant a great deal. Thanks again. Also we love the autism card...my husband had two bothers that have very low functioning autism so it hits really close to home. Again thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete