Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stars & Stripes Challenge



It's time for another Doodle Dragon Studios - Pike Playground challenge. This week is your challenge is to create a project using a Doodle Dragon Studios image with stars and stripes. I originally entered the witch card below for my entry, but as the days grew closer and I realized the challenge would be posted on 9-11 I knew I had to make another card. 9-11 changed all of our lives. I will always remember that day, as I'm sure you will too.

Where was I on that September day? I was home getting my son ready to go to school when I flipped on the TV. I wasn't sure I should send him to school or keep him home. I sent him. I kept my preschooler home upstairs with happy Blues Clues. I was glued to the TV the rest of the day, holding my new baby daughter tightly in my arms wondering what kind of world she was entering into.

My husband was preparing to go to the airport for a business trip. Then all the planes were grounded. Our house is in the flight path of landing at Salt Lake City airport. It was eerie to see the skies go quiet and equally strange to watch the planes start streaking the sky again three days later.

This morning my husband boarded a plane for another business trip. Hoping all the "chatter" is just chatter with no ill results on the anniversary of 9-11.

I'm proud to be American. I am grateful for the land I live in and the freedoms I have. God bless the USA!

Supplies:
Doodle Dragon Studios image
EK Success jumbo star punch
Cuttlebug embossing folder - star
Doodlebug Designs Inc.- paper
American Crafts cardstock
Star brad
Pop dots





On a MUCH lighter note...when Dustin released the Witch 11 set I immediately did this card. Do images talk to you like..."Pick me! Pick me!" Okay, so they do for me. I love all of the images Dustin creates, but there is usually one or two in the set that I'm just drawn to instantly. This witchy was my "one" this time. The short of it...she just returned home from an amazing date.

Supplies:
Doodle Dragon Studios image - Witches 11 set
American Crafts - paper, cardstock & ribbon
Pop dots


Now it's your turn to create a project (using a Doodle Dragon Studio's image). Be sure to post it to Doodle Dragon Studios - Pike's Playground by Sunday, September 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment